An offer of a place is made in April of the year when the child is due to start school. Blackwell First School strives to ensure that every child settles quickly into school. Parents are encouraged to bring their children to school regularly prior to entry.
The induction programme for prospective Reception children and parents
· open morning and evening - Autumn term
· weekly story club (May to July) which provides an extended opportunity to make new friends and meet the teachers
· induction evening - Summer term
· induction day - Summer term
- gradual entry during the first 2 weeks
- new parent meeting - during first few days of the Autumn term
- parent consultation meeting - Autumn term
Admission for pupils with disabilities
We offer provision to support those children with disabilities. The Accessibility Legislation (2003) ensures that the school is open to all children.
COVID 19 INDUCTION
The school site is currently closed to external visitors as directed by the Government. For those children starting Nursery or Reception in September 2020, we are unfortunately not able to offer on site induction procedures. Instead, we will share weekly stories, messages and tours of the classrooms and site with you on our YouTube Channel from week beginning 15th June, 2020. We are looking forward to welcoming you to Blackwell First School and meeting you all in person.