Hello Red Class,
Blink and you might have missed the last school week. Although short, it was a perfect end to our first term together. The pantomime was lots of fun this morning and we enjoyed playing some party games in the afternoon.
During the holidays, please rest and relax after a very busy term. If you would like something extra to do, look at the ideas below:
- Read your reading book or visit your local library and select some books to share at home.
- Practise reading your keywords.
- Work on your number formation and remember to start each number from the top. We use the following rhymes at school:
1. Start at the top and down we run. That’s the way we make a one.
2. Around and back on a railway track. Two, two, two!
3.Around the tree and around the tree. That’s the way we make a three.
4. Down and over and down some more. That’s the way we make a four.
5.Down and around then a flag on high. That’s the way we make a five.
6.Down we go and make a loop. Number six makes a hoop.
7. Across the sky and down from heaven. That’s the way we make a seven.
8.Make an ‘s’ and do not wait. When it’s joined up you have an eight.
9. Make a loop and then a line. That’s the way to make a nine.
Thank you for a super first term Red Class. Enjoy Christmas and the New Year celebrations and we’ll see you in 2018!
Mrs Webb, Miss Turner and Mrs Roberts xxx