Happy Sunday! Hope you are having a lovely weekend and resting after another busy week.
Indoors, in Circle Time, we have been focusing on:
- Phonics – practising how our voices can make different sounds.
- Number – recognising, reading and matching numbers up to 10 using numicon.
- Communication and Language – we have been reading our Castle themed story of Rumpelstiltskin
- Write Dance – our tune “Tickle Tree” has had us tickling each other’s backs by drawing circles, “scrimbles” and lines with both hands in unison.
Outdoors, in Forest School, we have been:
- Building castles from boxes, sand and wooden blocks
- Learning a new playground game of “stuck in the mud”
- Using paintbrushes to decorate the outdoor area with rainwater!
We really have seen some April showers this week and as a result, lots of bags went home over the weekend. Our supply of spare clothes has diminished. Please can you ensure that you bring back your bags to be kept on your pegs with a change of clothes in as I am sure we have a lot more rain to come!
We look forward to seeing you for our “school” day tomorrow – it is going to be fun having the run of the school…
Mrs. Mander, Mrs. Allen, Mrs. Franklin, Mrs. Lewis and Mrs. Thompson