Indoors, in Circle Times, we have been focusing on:
· Phonics – segmenting the sounds of CVC words and blending back together e.g. /c/ /a/ /t/ = cat
· Maths – counting an irregular arrangement of up to ten objects by moving them and starting to matching to correct digit
· Nursery Rhyme – Our Nursery Rhyme of “Little Miss Muffet” has had some of us playing the main character part sitting on a tuffet.
· C&L – we have been focusing on the fruit the “Very Hungry Caterpillar” ate in the story and we have created some super printing patterns with the real fruit. I have never seen or eaten a blue apple or a pink pear!
· Write Dance – our short songs of “Straight” and “Curved” have had us moving both hands, in unison to the music, making straight and curved patterns.
Outdoors, in Forest School, we have enjoyed our:
· Water play – Mrs Allen’s challenge of moving the water from one bucket to the other, only using the tools we could find in the Forest School, was a huge hit
· Porridge making skills as Little Miss Muffet would have been hungry without her curds and whey
· Forest school song “Ugly Bug Ball” - this has us thinking about the different bugs we know and how we can move like them.
· NEW Playground game of “Fishes in the sea” – we have never quite seen fishes move in the way these were.
We hope you all have a wonderful weekend and make sure you spoil those Daddys and Grandads this Sunday!
Mrs. Mander, Mrs. Allen, Mrs. Franklin, Mrs. Lewis, Mrs Cain and Mrs. Thompson